Ingredients Needed for Homemade Baguettes
For the baguettes:
1 ½ cups of warm water
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
4 cups of flour
1 egg, whisked
1 tablespoon cream cheese
2 lettuces leaves
2 prosciuttos slices
2 tomatoes slices
3 yellow bell peppers
How to Cook Homemade Baguettes
- Add the warm water and the dry yeast in a large bowl. Mix with a spatula until it dissolves into the water.
- Add 1 cup flour, and keep whisking until it’s incorporated into the wet mixture. By now, the mixture should have a milky consistency. Cover the bowl with a towel and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining flour and stir with a spatula to incorporate it into the mixture. You should get a sticky dough.
- Knead it for 4-5 minutes, until firm, smooth, and elastic.
- Again, move it in the bowl, cover it with a towel and let it rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 440°F/220°C.
- Take out the dough and divide it in 2 equal parts.
- Grab each part and level it with a rolling pin until they’re 12 inches (30 cm) long, and 3 inches (7.5 cm) wide.
- Start rolling them from one of the ends, until you’ve reached the opposite end.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the dough on top.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 20 minutes.
- You can make lots of sandwich recipes with them, here is an example down below:
- Slide the baguette through the middle.
- Spread cream cheese on the bottom side.
- Top it with lettuce, prosciutto, tomato, bell pepper, and a touch of chopped parsley.