Homemade Aioli Sauce
Aioli is a sauce originating from Spain, whose main ingredients are olive oil and garlic, being highly popular in France also. Our version is closer to the French version, which sees egg yolks and lemon juice incorporated. It is highly versatile, so you can serve it with meats, veggies, fish, and seafood because let’s face it, who doesn’t like garlic sauce?
Ingredients Needed for Homemade Aioli Sauce
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ teaspoon salt
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons of mustard
1 cup olive oil
How to Make Homemade Aioli Sauce
- Add the crushed garlic and salt in a mortar. Mix everything with a pestle.
- Separately, whisk the egg yolk and mustard in a large bowl.
- Add the crushed garlic and start whisking vigorously.
- Slowly pour the olive oil while whisking in the process. Continue until you reach a smooth, stiff texture.
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemon and homogenize.
- Season with pepper and serve.