Ingredients Needed for Herb Chicken and Penne Casserole
7 ounces of penne
5 ounces of chicken breast, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
1 cup tomato sauce
⅔ cup low moisture mozzarella, shredded
⅓ cup parmesan, grated
3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
How to Cook Herb Chicken and Penne Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Fill a large pot with water, add salt, and bring it to a boil.
- Add the penne in the pot.Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain and set them aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and add the chicken breast slices in it.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, and dried basil. Stir and cook further. The chicken strips will turn white and the spices will stick on them.
- Add the cooked penne in a ceramic baking tray, then spread half of the tomato sauce on them.
- Add the chicken stripes, then add the remaining tomato sauce.
- Top with a layer of shredded mozzarella, then one layer of grated parmesan, then spread the breadcrumbs evenly.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- If you want, sprinkle some more parmesan on the dish just before serving it.