Ingredients Needed for Herb and Onion Focaccia
0.5 ounce fresh yeast
½ teaspoon sugar
1 ½ cups of flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
½ red onion, diced
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
½ teaspoon dried herbs
How to Cook Herb and Onion Focaccia
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Crumble the fresh yeast and add it to a bowl, add the sugar and 2-4 tablespoons of warm water over it, then combine them using a fork. Set aside.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of flour for later use. Put the remaining flour in a kitchen aid, then add the baking powder, and the yeast mixture.
- Turn on your kitchen aid and mix everything on low speed. If needed, add 2-3 tablespoons of warm water to soften the dough.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and continue to mix until you get e firm dough.
- Flour your workspace and press and flatten your dough using your fingers. Give the dough an oval shape. Sprinkle diced onion and dried rosemary all over it.
- Fold the dough once, then fold it again. Press it with your fingers, then lay it in an oval baking dish.
- Drizzle the remaining vegetable oil on the dough and sprinkle some more dried herbs.
- Bake for 40 minutes.