Ingredients Needed for Hearty Pork and Bean Stew
3 ounces of bacon, chopped
1 pound pork tenderloin, cubed
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
⅓ cup tomato paste
3 cups of chicken stock
8 ounces of red beans
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 spring onion, chopped
How to Cook Hearty Pork and Bean Stew
- Add the bacon to a skillet over medium heat. Fry and stir until it turns translucent.
- Add the cubed pork meat and season with salt. Cook and stir until it starts browning. Add the maple syrup, stir it in. Fry for 8 minutes while occasionally stirring. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the onion and stir it in. Add the fennel seeds. Cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Add the tomato paste and stir it in. Add the cooked meat and the chicken stock. Stir in. Cover with the lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the red beans, season with salt and garlic powder. Stir them in. Cover again with the lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve garnished with spring onion.