Ingredients Needed for Heart-Shaped Whoopie Pies
For the cakes:
1 ½ cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 ounces of butter
3 tablespoons of white sugar
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 teaspoon red food coloring
1 cup heavy cream
½ cup flour
For the cream cheese:
½ cup cream cheese
2 tablespoons of butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Cook Heart-Shaped Whoopie Pies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Pass the flour and baking powder through a strainer and sift them into a bowl. Leave them aside.
- Add the butter in the mixer bowl. Add the sugar, brown sugar, and start running the mixer at medium speed. Crack the egg and add it in the bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of red food coloring and pour the heavy cream.
- Start adding the flour from the bowl, 1 tablespoon at a time. Mix until all of the ingredients combine into a smooth, velvety mixture.
- Use a heart-shaped muffin tray and fill the empty slots with 1-2 tablespoons of mixture. Slide the tray into the oven for the next 35 minutes.
- In the meantime, take care of the cream cheese filling. Add the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. Add the vanilla extract and with the mixer set at medium speed, mix until the butter is incorporated in the cream cheese, and you get a smooth, stiff mixture.
- Spread the mixture between 2 heart-shaped muffins, using it to glue them together.
- You’ll make around 12 heart-shaped whoopie pies.