Ingredients Needed for Healthier Pasta Carbonara
5 ounces of whole wheat spaghetti
3 slices of bacon
1 garlic clove
2 basil leaves
¼ cup parmesan, shredded
1 cup peas, frozen
¼ cup lemon juice
3 ounces of low-fat yogurt
1 egg, whisked
How to Cook Healthier Pasta Carbonara
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, and fill it halfway with water. Add a pinch of salt and bring it to a boil.
- Add the whole wheat spaghetti and cook them according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the sliced bacon. Cook it until nice and crispy.
- Next, add the garlic, basil, and parmesan in the blender. Add the frozen peas and pour the lemon juice. Blend everything until smooth.
- Add the low-fat yogurt and whisked egg and mix them with a fork until smooth.
- Drain the spaghetti and add them in a bowl. Add the frozen pea pesto and the yogurt and egg mixture.