Ingredients Needed for Hazelnut Cocoa Cake
1 cup flour
⅓ cup cocoa powder
7 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup warm water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 egg yolks
4 egg whites
1 cup hazelnuts
How to Cook Hazelnut Cocoa Cake
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and baking soda to a bowl. Season with salt and whisk until even. Set aside.
- Add the vegetable oil, 2-3 tablespoons of warm water, and vanilla extract to a small bowl. Whisk until even. Set aside.
- Add the egg yolks to a bowl and start beating them using a hand mixer. Gradually add the oil mixture in the process. Mix until creamy.
- While gradually adding the cocoa and flour mixture keep mixing using a spoon or a spatula. Mix until even.
- Add the egg whites to a bowl. Beat them until firm using the hand mixer. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar in the process.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of beaten egg whites to the cocoa mixture bowl. Mix until even.
- Line a 10 or 12-inch springform pan with parchment paper and coat it with some oil. Pour the cocoa batter in it and evenly spread it.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.
- Add the remaining water and sugar to a pot over low heat. Heat until sugar is melted, then remove from heat and let it cool.
- Gradually add it to the beaten egg mixture while continuously whisking.
- Add the hazelnuts to a blender. Crush them shortly, then add them to the beaten egg mixture. Mix until even.
- Evenly spread this mixture over the baked cocoa base. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.