Ingredients Needed for Harissa Roast Chicken With Bell Peppers and Chilies
For the chicken:
1 whole chicken
3 tablespoons of harissa
For the veggies:
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium red onion
3 green chilis
2 small red bell peppers
2 small yellow bell peppers
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of harissa
1 garlic head, horizontally halved
How to Make Harissa Roast Chicken With Bell Peppers and Chilies
- For the chicken:Place the chicken on the work surface and butterfly it. Season it on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Score its legs, then coat it with harissa sauce. Set aside.
- For the veggies:Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Add the onions, green chilis, and bell peppers. Some of the latter you may want to cut in two.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle some of the olive oil and add the harissa sauce. Mix all using your hands.
- Make room for the harissa coated chicken and place it on the tray. Add the two garlic halves and drizzle the remaining olive oil. Roast for 50 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Serve drizzled with drippings and garnished with chopped parsley.