Ingredients Needed for Ham, Leek, and Broccoli Quiche
2 tablespoons of butter
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 leek, thinly sliced, white and light-green parts only
1 spring onion, chopped
8 broccoli florets
3.5 ounces of smoked ham, cubed
3 eggs, whisked
1 cup milk
½ cup cheddar, shredded
3 filo pastrys sheets
3 tablespoons of olive oil
½ cup mozzarella
How to Cook Ham, Leek, and Broccoli Quiche
- Pour 2-3 cups of hot water in a large bowl. Add the broccoli and soak it for 5-6 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and melt it. Add the red onion, leek, thyme, and spring onion and saute them for 5 minutes.
- Add the smoked ham, broccoli, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the whisked eggs in a large bowl and mix them with milk, pepper, and Cheddar.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Grab a round baking tin, around 10 inches (25 cm) in diameter. Add a layer of filo pastry, gently pressing it into the corners. Top it with olive oil and thyme.
- Repeat layering the filo sheets until you’ve used all of them. Remove the excess filo and slide the tray into the oven for the next 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven, and top the base with the cooked mixture. Pour the egg mixture, and top with some extra shredded mozzarella.
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake it for the next 25-30 minutes.