Ham and Vegetable Terrine
Let’s again say ‘hello’ to French cuisine. This time with a terrine made with ham and veggies. After patiently waiting for it to harden in the fridge, turn the pan over, slice the terrine and serve it cold or at room temperature.
Ingredients Needed for Ham and Vegetable Terrine
4 carrots, lengthwise quartered
½ celery root, diced
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
4 gelatin sheets
10 ounces ham, diced and/or sliced
How to Make Ham and Vegetable Terrine
- Fill a medium-sized pot halfway with water, season with salt and heat it.
- Add the carrots, celery root, 3 dill sprigs, and the peppercorns. Cover with the lid and boil for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cooked veggies and set them aside.
- Strain the vegetable soup into another pot and add the gelatin sheets. Stir in and let them dissolve.
- Line a Bundt pan with plastic foil. Layer the cooked vegetables and diced ham, interspersing them with cilantro and dill to taste.
- Fill the pan with vegetable soup, then refrigerate for 6 hours.