Ingredients Needed for Ground Beef Stuffed Squash
1 butternut squash
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 pound ground beef
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
4 mushrooms, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon dried oregano
5 ounces of parmesan, grated
How to Cook Ground Beef Stuffed Squash
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Cut the butternut squash into halves and remove its seeds with a spoon.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay the butternut squash halves on it. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet. Add the ground beef and cook it until brown, stirring often.
- Add the onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook until the onion softens.
- Add the tomato, bell pepper, dried thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook further for about 15 minutes, on low-medium heat.
- Remove the roasted butternut squash from the oven and scoop out some more of its flesh, to make room for the stuffing.
- Stuff the butternut squash halves with the beef mixture and top with grated parmesan.
- Return to the oven and cook for 10 more minutes.