Ingredients Needed for Ground Beef Pie
10 ounces of ground beef
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
½ cup tomato sauce
7 ounces of mushroom, cubed
1 tablespoon flour
¼ cup beef stock
2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon butter
1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
1 egg yolk, whisked
How to Cook Ground Beef Pie
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and add the ground beef to it. Cook on medium heat, stirring often until the meat turns brown.
- Add the diced onion, stir, and cook further. When the onion softens a little, add the tomato sauce. Reduce the heat and let it simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add the mushrooms and flour. Stir, add the beef stock and Worcestershire sauce and continue cooking on low.
- Grease a square ceramic pan (8×8 inches) with butter. Roll out the puff pastry (keep some to cover the pie) and place it on the bottom and edges of the pan. Add the meat filling to the pan, then cover with the remaining pastry and stick its edges.
- Make some small pricks into the pastry using a fork, then coat the pie with whisked yolk. Bake for 25 minutes at 400˚F/200˚C.