Calories: 351 kCal / serving
- 32 g
- 18 g
- 17 g
Ingredients Needed for Ground Beef and Yogurt Pirogs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 red onion
½ yellow bell pepper
½ red bell pepper
8 ounces of ground beef
1 chili pepper
1 tablespoon yogurt
1 tablespoon parsley
2 tablespoons of flour
8 ounces of dough
½ cup egg wash
How to Make Ground Beef and Yogurt Pirogs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F/190 degrees C.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium cast-iron skillet.
- Add diced onion and bell peppers. Sprinkle a pinch of salt.
- Add the ground beef and stir fry it for about 8-10 minutes or until it turns brown.
- Put the ground beef in a bowl and add an egg and sliced chili pepper.
- Mix everything together with yogurt, parsley, and pepper.
- Flour your work surface. Roll the dough into a sheet.
- Cut 6 circles and 6 squares out of the dough sheet, with the help of a small bowl.
- Use 1 circle as a base. Add 1 tablespoon of the beef mix on it. Cover it with another circle.
- Use the fork to seal the 2 circles together and form a pirog.
- Use a brush to coat the pirogs with the egg wash.
- Bake them for 15 minutes.