Ingredients Needed for Grilled Tofu and Rice With Ginger Sauce
1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon turmeric
8 ounces of rice
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon ginger, shredded
1 spring onion, finely chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped
12 ounces of tofu (cut into 4 thicker slices)
How to Cook Grilled Tofu and Rice With Ginger Sauce
- Fill a medium pot halfway with water and bring it to a boil. Add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, a dash of salt and the turmeric. Stir.
- Add the rice, stir, cover with the lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining olive oil, the lime juice, ginger, spring onion, and jalapeno to the blender. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Heat 1-2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a grill pan and add the tofu. Grill on both sides for 4 minutes or until the golden brown marks appear.
- Serve the tofu over rice and drizzle with green sauce. Optionally, you can garnish with more chopped jalapeno.