Grilled Pears Topped With Ricotta and Berries
There is something incredibly delicious about having something sweet grilled. Take pears for instance. After grilling them, enhance the taste and flavors by making a mouth-watering topping with ricotta cheese mixed with black currants, cranberries, red wine, and honey. And while we are at it, nothing is stopping you from adding some pecans, too.
Ingredients Needed for Grilled Pears Topped With Ricotta and Berries
1 ½ cups of frozen black currants
¼ cup red wine
2 tablespoons of honey
5 ounces of ricotta
2 tablespoons of dried cranberries
2 tablespoons of pecan nuts
2 tablespoons of melted butter
How to Make Grilled Pears Topped With Ricotta and Berries
- Heat the blackcurrants in a skillet over low heat, then add the red wine. Stir and bring to a simmer, then add the honey and stir for a minute or so. Remove from heat.
- Add the ricotta, dried cranberries, and pecans in a smaller bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Cut the pears in half, scoop the cores out, place them cut-side down on the grill, and grill for 7 minutes.
- Coat them with butter and grill for 1 minute more. Turn them over, coat the grilled halves with butter, and grill for 2 minutes more.
- Add some ricotta-berry cream on each one and also some blackcurrant topping and serve.