Ingredients Needed for Green Beans With Caramelized Onion
2 teaspoons of butter
1 onion, diced
7 ounces of green beans
How to Make Green Beans With Caramelized Onion
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and melt 1 teaspoon of butter in it.
- Add the chopped onion and cook it until it softens and browns. Set the cooked onion aside.
- Next, fill a saucepan halfway with water and place it on medium heat. When the water starts boiling, add the green beans and boil them for 15 minutes. When they’re ready, remove them from the water.
- Heat another skillet and melt the remaining butter. Add the green beans and season them with salt and pepper. Cook them for 15 more minutes, stirring.
- Serve the green beans with caramelized onion.