Calories: 331 kCal / serving
- 15 g
- 14 g
- 41 g
Ingredients Needed for Green Beans and Sweet Corn With Cheese Sauce
10 ounces frozen green beans
5 ounces sweet corn
2 teaspoons butter
1 tablespoon flour
⅔ cup milk
1 onion, shredded
2 ounces Cheddar, grated
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
How to Make Green Beans and Sweet Corn With Cheese Sauce
- Fill a medium pot halfway with water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the frozen green beans and sweet corn. Boil for 5 minutes, then strain them and set them aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the flour. Cook and continuously stir using a whisk until the flour has absorbed the melted butter.
- Gradually add the milk and keep stirring until you have an even sauce.
- Stir in the onion, Cheddar cheese, and balsamic vinegar.
- Add the boiled veggies, stir them in and season with salt and pepper.