Ingredients Needed for Green Bean and Rice Noodle Salad
For the salad:
5 ounces of flat green beans
5 ounces of green beans
4 ounces of asparagus
1 medium red onion, sliced
3 ounces of rice noodles
3 fresh mint leaves
For the dressing:
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
How to Cook Green Bean and Rice Noodle Salad
- For the salad:
Fill a cooking pot halfway with water, salt it, and bring it to a gentle boil over low heat.
- Add the flat green beans, green beans, and asparagus. Stir them once or twice. Cook for 5 – 7 minutes, or until the veggies are bright green.
- Fill a bigger bowl with cold water and blanch the cooked veggies for 3 minutes by plunging them in.
- Transfer them between paper towels and gently pat them.
- Add the cooked veggies to a serving bowl. Add the onion, rice noodles, and mint leaves. Set aside.
- Add the rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and powdered sugar to a small bowl. Mix them using a teaspoon. Add this dressing to the salad in the serving bowl, mix, and serve.