Ingredients Needed for Goat Cheese Quiche
7 ounces of short crust pastry
1 cup heavy cream
3 egg yolks
1 cup Cheddar, shredded
½ cup tomato sauce
3.5 ounces of goat cheese
How to Cook Goat Cheese Quiche
- Dust your working space with flour and grab your short crust pastry. Start levelling it, until thin.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Grab a round tart tin, around 12 inches (30 cm) in diameter. Place the pastry covering the bottom and the sides of the tart tin.
- Pinch it with a fork and remove the excess pastry.
- Line parchment paper over the pastry and add around 2 cups of red beans on top. That will ensure that the air is removed, and the pastry won’t swell. Bake it for 10 minutes. Don’t turn off the heat when it’s ready.
- Pour the heavy cream in a large bowl. Add the egg yolks and whisk them with the heavy cream. Add most of the Cheddar, keeping around 1/6 for later. Season with salt, pepper, and whisk.
- Take out the beans, and evenly spread the tomato sauce over the pastry. Pour the heavy cream, add the goat cheese and the remaining Cheddar.
- Top with some chives.
- Bake the quiche for the next 10 minutes!