Ingredients Needed for Glazed Gingerbread
7 ounces of butter
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup milk
3 tablespoons of honey
2 ½ cups flours
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 egg whites
½ cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon hot water
How to Cook Glazed Gingerbread
- Add the butter and the brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Set your mixer at medium speed and start mixing.
- Separate the egg white from the yolk of one egg.
- Keep mixing while you add one egg and one yolk, the milk, and honey.
- Sift the flour and add it to the bowl. Add the ginger powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and some nutmeg.
- Mix again until you obtain a smooth and thick dough.
- Cover it with plastic foil and refrigerate the dough for the next hour.
- After that, shape the dough into 1.5 inches (4 cm) thick balls. Press them, giving them the aspect of cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 340°F/170°C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the cookies on it. Bake them for the next 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can take care of the sugar glaze.
- Add the remaining egg white in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt. Set up your mixer at high speed and start mixing the egg white until foamy.
- Add the powdered sugar, some lemon juice, and hot water. Continue by mixing everything until you obtain a smooth, thick glaze.
- Allow the gingerbread biscuits to cool, then glaze them.