Ingredients Needed for Gingerbread Cookie Bars
For the dough:
1 ½ cups of flour
1 teaspoon ginger powder
2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
2 teaspoons of nutmeg powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
6 ounces of butter
1 tablespoon molasses
⅓ cup sugar
For the icing:
⅓ cup cream cheese
2 ounces of butter
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup sprinkles
How to Cook Gingerbread Cookie Bars
- Add the flour, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, and baking soda to a bowl. Season with salt and whisk until even.
- Add the butter, molasses, and sugar to the dough mixer bowl. Mix until even.
- Gradually add the spiced flour mixture while continuing to mix. Mix until you have a dough.
- Line an 11 x 7 x 2 inches (28 x 18 x 5 cm) baking dish with parchment paper. Layer the dough in it. Bake for 20 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.
- Add the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract to a smaller bowl. Mix until even using a rubber spatula. Set aside.
- Transfer the cookie crust on the work surface. Use a 2-inch square cookie cutter to cut the cookies. We’ve got 8 of them.
- Spread icing on each cookie bar and top with sprinkles.