Ingredients Needed for Ghostly Chocolate Cookies
3.5 ounces of butter, room temperature
½ cup flour
⅓ cup cocoa powder
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon gelatin powder
3 egg whites
dark chocolate, melted
How to Cook Ghostly Chocolate Cookies
- Add the butter, flour, and cocoa powder in a large bowl.
- Gently mix the butter using the tip of your finger, until it is absorbed by the dry ingredients, and you obtain a smooth dough.
- Leave it in the bowl and refrigerate it for 20 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, place the dough over it, and top with another piece of parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Keep the dough between the parchment papers and level it with a rolling pin.
- Use a cooking ring, approximately 2 inches (5 cm) in diameter to shape the dough into round cookies.
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake the cookies for the next 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can take care of the meringue.
- Heat a saucepan with water over medium heat and bring it to a boil. Add the sugar and stir until it melts and bubbles appear on the surface.
- Add water in a small bowl along with the gelatin powder. Mix it until it dissolves. Refrigerate it for 4 hours.
- Add the egg whites in a large bowl. Set your mixer at high speed and start mixing, while slowly pouring the sugar syrup.
- Add the gelatin and mix for 2 more minutes.
- Add the meringue mixture in a piping bag and decorate the cookies, shaping the meringue into a small ghost.
- You can even decorate them with melted dark chocolate, shaping the ghost’s eyes and mouth.