Calories: 941 kCal / serving
- 43 g
- 65 g
- 50 g
Ingredients Needed for Fusilli and Meatballs
For the pasta:
5 ounces of fusilli
For the meatballs:
8 ounces of ground beef
4 ounces of italian sausage meat
2 ounces of breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon hummus
2 teaspoons of dried parsley
4 tablespoons of white sesame seeds for coating
For the plating:
2 ounces of cherry tomatoes, halved (for serving)
2 tablespoons of parmesan, grated (for serving)
How to Make Fusilli and Meatballs
- For the pasta:
Fill a medium cooking pot halfway with water, salt it, and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the pasta and boil for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- For the meatballs:
Add the ingredients for the beef mixture to a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and mix using your hands. Mix until even.
- Start forming meatballs. We’ve got 12 of them.
- Add the sesame seeds to a bowl. Coat the meatballs with sesame seeds.
- Fill a pan with 1/3 vegetable oil and heat it over medium heat. Deep-fry the meatballs for 8 – 10 minutes. Transfer them on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve the meatballs and fusilli together with halved cherry tomatoes and topped with grated parmesan.