Fruity Turkey Curry
Are you ready to try a curry with a fruity twist? That’s right, it’s full of exotic fruits and flavors like pineapple, banana and apple. We’ve got an amazing sauce, made with orange juice and heavy cream, flavored with curry and coconut flakes. You can use the recipe on a variety of meats, but in our case we’ve used turkey, which ended up being absolutely delicious!
Ingredients Needed for Fruity Turkey Curry
⅔ cup flour
2 ounces of butter
¼ pineapple, diced
1 banana, sliced
1 onion, chopped
1 ½ tablespoons of curry powder
1 tablespoon coconut flakes
1 ½ cups of orange juice
1 cup heavy cream
12 ounces of boneless turkey breast
vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Fruity Turkey Curry
- Start by boiling your turkey breast. Chop the turkey breast into chunks and add it in a saucepan full of hot water. Boil it for about 20-25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/220°C.
- Add the flour in a skillet and bake it for about 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter in another skillet and add the pineapple, apple, banana, and onion. Flavor the dish with curry powder and coconut flakes.
- Add the baked flour and slowly mix it in the pan. Pour the orange juice and heavy cream and bring it to a boil. Strain the mixture to remove all the fruits. Pour the remaining mixture into a saucepan.
- Add the turkey chunks into the thick curry sauce and stir well. Serve the turkey curry with some coriander on top.