Fruits en Papillote
En papillote – French for ‘in parchment’ – is a method of cooking in which the food is put into a folded parchment paper and then baked. Cooking fruits en papillote makes the flavor more intense.
Ingredients Needed for Fruits en Papillote
2 mango slices, cubed
2 tablespoons of cognac
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
½ teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon butter
3 tablespoons of vanilla ice cream
lime zest, for garnish
How to Make Fruits en Papillote
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Remove the apple’s core and dice it.
- Place a large parchment paper sheet into a ramekin (about 2.5-inch/6.3 cm diameter).
- Put the apple cubes on the parchment paper. Slice the grapes and add them into the ramekin. Add the mango cubes.
- Sprinkle cinnamon powder on the fruits, add the star anise cloves, cinnamon stick, brown sugar and butter.
- Fold the parchment paper and tie its top with butcher string.
- Bake the fruits for 15 minutes.
- When ready, open the parchment paper and top the fruits with the vanilla ice cream.
- Garnish with lime zest and serve immediately.
very good and tastey