Ingredients Needed for Fruit and Cream Cheese Sponge Cake
5 ounces of butter, room temperature
3 tablespoons of sugar
4 ounces of flour
½ cup powdered sugar
½ cup cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
3 strawberries, sliced
1 teaspoon honey
How to Cook Fruit and Cream Cheese Sponge Cake
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F/190 degrees C.
- Put 2 ounces (55 grams) of butter and sugar in your kitchen aid bowl. Pulse until they’re well combined.
- Add the eggs and pulse further.
- Add the flour gradually and mix until you make a batter.
- Lay a round baking pan (8.5 inch/22 cm diameter) with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Transfer to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining butter in a bowl.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix until it melts.
- Add the cream cheese and vanilla extract, and mix.
- Remove the cake from the pan and let it cool.
- Top the cake with cream cheese frosting and fresh fruits.