Ingredients Needed for Fried Risotto Balls
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
5 ounces of risotto rice
½ cup white wine
½ cup vegetable stock
1 cup parmesan, shredded
flour (for coating)
vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Fried Risotto Balls
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and risotto rice.
- Pour the wine and the vegetable stock. Season with salt, pepper, and cook until the liquid is absorbed by the rice.
- Add the parmesan and give it a good stir. Turn off the heat.
- Shape the parmesan into small balls, around 1-2 inches (2.5cm – 5cm) in diameter. Coat the balls with flour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the balls and cook them until golden and crispy.
- You can serve them with some shredded parmesan on top!