Ingredients Needed for Fried Herring Wrapped in Bacon
¼ cup cornflour
½ cup flour
10 baby herrings
2 tablespoons of milk
vegetable oil for frying
10 bacon slices
How to Cook Fried Herring Wrapped in Bacon
- Put the cornflour and half of the flour in a bowl. Sprinkle some salt and mix.
- Make an egg wash by whisking the egg with the milk.
- Wash and clean the herring.
- Coat each baby herring using the remaining flour, then egg wash, and then cornflour and flour mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and deep fry the fish until golden.
- Let the fish cool. Roll each herring in bacon slices.
- Put the fish in a ceramic pot and bake for 15 minutes at 365 degrees F/185 degrees C.
- Serve the herring with mayonnaise or garlic sauce, and a fresh salad.