Ingredients Needed for Fried Halibut With Caper Sauce
½ cup flour
½ cup cornmeal
2 halibuts fillets, around 6 ounces each
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
For the sauce:
1 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
¼ cup milk
1 teaspoon caper
How to Cook Fried Halibut With Caper Sauce
- Mix the flour with cornmeal in a large salad bowl.
- Use the mixture to coat the halibut fillets.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Lay in the halibut fillets and cook them for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden and crispy.
- Separately start preparing the sauce. Heat another skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and melt it.
- Cook the mixture on medium heat until it has a light, golden color.
- Slowly add the milk, while stirring fast and continuously. Season with pepper and add the capers. Leave the sauce on heat for 1 more minute.