Ingredients Needed for Fried Green Tomatoes
2 green tomatos
½ cup cornmeal
½ cup breadcrumbs
2 eggs, whisked
½ cup milk
1 cup flour
vegetable oil (for frying)
How to Make Fried Green Tomatoes
- Lay the green tomatoes on a wooden board and slice them into 0.4 inches (1 cm) thick slices.
- Add the breadcrumbs and cornmeal in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix with a fork.
- Mix the egg wash and milk in a large bowl.
- Coat the green tomato slices with flour, egg wash, and cornmeal mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet or wok.
- Fry the green tomatoes until golden and crispy.