Ingredients Needed for Fried Egg and Sweet Potato Breakfast
1 medium-sized sweet potato
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, sliced
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
½ avocado, sliced
1 tablespoon pesto
How to Cook Fried Egg and Sweet Potato Breakfast
- Poke holes into the sweet potato using a fork and place it into a medium-sized baking dish. Drizzle the olive oil over it and season with salt. Roast for 45 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- When the sweet potato is almost done, fry the egg in vegetable oil. Set it aside.
- Cut the sweet potato lengthwise.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Place the sweet potato into the skillet with the cut part facing down, add the garlic and fresh parsley. Cook them until they start getting brown on the edges.
- Top the egg, sweet potato, and avocado with pesto and sprinkle with chili flakes.