Fried and Roasted Chicken Breast on Sweet Potatoes
This fried and roasted chicken breast is submerged in a delicious mix of flavors thanks to the marinade. Then you bake the meat on a bed of sweet potatoes. The heat in the oven helps distribute the flavors from the juicy chicken and the potatoes, making this dish finger-licking good.
Ingredients Needed for Fried and Roasted Chicken Breast on Sweet Potatoes
2 chicken breasts, approximately 5 ounces each
3 ginger slices
1 red chili, sliced
5 basil leaves, chopped
10 thyme sprigs, chopped
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 potato, thinly sliced
1 ounce parmesan
How to Make Fried and Roasted Chicken Breast on Sweet Potatoes
- Marinate the meat: Place the chicken breasts into a cooking bag. Add the ginger, red chili, basil, 2 thyme sprigs, some salt, and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil olive oil.
- Close the bag and mix all the ingredients by shaking it.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F / 180 degrees C.
- Frying the meat: Pour 1 of teaspoon olive oil into a frying pan.
- Place the marinated chicken breasts in it and fry them on both sides until they turn golden brown.
- Place the sweet potato slices into a small baking dish so they form a layer. Spread the rest of the thyme over them. Also sprinkle olive oil over them and add some salt. Grate some parmesan too.
- Place the fried chicken meat on this layer.
- Transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with more grated parmesan and sprinkled chopped parsley.