Ingredients Needed for Fondant Potatoes
3 potatoes, peeled
vegetable oil for frying
4 thyme sprigs
1 cup beef stock
2 garlic cloves
2 ounces of butter
How to Cook Fondant Potatoes
- Place the peeled potatoes horizontally on your wooden board.
- Remove the top and the bottom of the potatoes.
- Cut each of them in 2 equal parts. Cut off the sharp corners to make a nice barrel shape.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the potatoes in the skillet along with 2 thyme sprigs. Season with salt.
- Cook for about 5-6 minutes until golden on the bottom. When done turn over the potato and cook for the same time again.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Next, transfer the fried potatoes in a ceramic baking dish. Add the beef stock and the remaining thyme sprigs. Also crush the garlic and add it to the dish.
- Add a touch of butter on top of each potato.
- Slide the tray into the oven and cook the potatoes for the next 20 minutes.
- You can serve the potatoes with more parmesan and thyme on top!