We know you’re big meatball fans, but that doesn’t mean you can’t try something new for a change. These meatballs are made from a mixture of turkey mince, spinach, and parmesan. What makes them even more delicious is the savory sauce they’re tucked in, which is buttery and creamy.
Ingredients Needed for Florentine Meatballs
1 pound turkey mince
1 ounce baby spinach, chopped
¼ cup parmesan, shredded
1 onion, shredded
½ cup breadcrumbs
2 garlic cloves, crushed
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
For the sauce:
1 ½ tablespoons of butter
½ cup flour
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup milk
How to Make Florentine Meatballs
- Add the turkey mince in a large bowl.
- Add the spinach, shredded parmesan, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, and parsley.
- Season with salt, pepper, and mix with a spatula.
- Drizzle some vegetable oil in your hands and shape the mixture into 1.5 inches (4 cm) diameter balls.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay the meatballs on it.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 20 minutes!
- Next, heat a skillet over low heat, add the butter in it and melt it.
- Add the flour and slowly whisk until the mixture turns golden. Pour the chicken stock and milk.
- Season with salt, pepper, and add the chopped parsley.
- Slowly whisk and when the sauce becomes smooth add the meatballs.
- Cook them for 2-3 more minutes!