Flambeed Shrimp With Mashed Potatoes
Running out of ideas on what to make with some delicious shrimp? Cook them in a delicious sauce, made with soy sauce, fish sauce, and cognac. Flambee everything to release all those delicious flavors. And, if you’re looking for a side to pair this with, how about you serve them with our special upgraded mashed potatoes, made with parmesan and spring onion?
Ingredients Needed for Flambeed Shrimp With Mashed Potatoes
4 potatoes, cooked
¼ cup milk
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
¼ cup parmesan, shredded
3 spring onions s, chopped
3 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon fish sauce
2 teaspoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon cognac
1 teaspoon olive oil
How to Make Flambeed Shrimp With Mashed Potatoes
- Place the cooked potatoes in a large bowl and mash them.
- Add the milk, butter, and flour. Season with salt, pepper, add the parmesan, and one third of the spring onion quantity. Mix it until it’s smooth.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place the flat side of a knife over the garlic cloves and crush them a little.
- Add the garlic into the skillet and stir, to flavor the vegetable oil.
- Add the shrimp, balsamic vinegar, fish sauce, and 1 teaspoon of soy sauce. Cook and turn over each shrimp.
- Pour the cognac, then use a lighter, and flambee the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for 2 more minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining spring onion, stir, and cook further for 1-2 more minutes. Set aside.
- In the meantime, you can prepare a small portion of sauce for the dish.
- Mix the olive oil, the remaining soy sauce, and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Serve the shrimp with mashed potatoes and sauce.