Ingredients Needed for Fish, Shrimp and Rice Stew
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 cup green beans
1 cup peas
5 ounces of nile perch, diced
½ cup canned tomatoes
1 cup vegetable stock
2 garlic cloves, sliced
½ cup rice
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon saffron
How to Cook Fish, Shrimp and Rice Stew
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the red onion and cook it until it softens. Add the green beans and peas and cook them for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, Nile perch, canned tomatoes, and half of the vegetable stock. Cover them with a lid for the next 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add garlic and rice. Season with paprika powder, and saffron. Pour the remaining vegetable stock and again, cover with a lid for the next 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add pepper, parsley, and keep the pan on heat for the next 1-2 minutes.