Ingredients Needed for Fish Fingers and White Sauce
½ cup cream cheese
1 large carrot, shredded
1 spring onion, chopped
2 tablespoons of chives, chopped
¼ cup sweet chili sauce
1 teaspoon lime zest
1 tablespoon lime juice
7 ounces of pangasius or 2 pangasius fillets
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons of milk
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon dried thyme
vegetable oil for frying
1 ounce lettuce
3 limes slices
How to Cook Fish Fingers and White Sauce
- Add the cream cheese, carrots, spring onion, chives, sweet chili sauce, some lime zest and lime juice to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix everything.
- Cut the fillets lengthwise, then cut in half each piece.
- Mix the flour and turmeric on a plate.
- Make the egg wash, by beating the two eggs and mixing them with the milk.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the dried thyme.
- Coat the pangasius chunks with flour, then with egg wash, and finally with breadcrumbs.
- Heat enough vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the pangasius until crispy and golden brown.
- Add the fish fingers on a bed of lettuce leaves and garnish them with lime slices. Serve with the white sauce.