Ingredients Needed for Fish Ball Soup
1 tablespoon butter
½ red bell pepper, chopped
½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
¼ celery root, diced
2 tablespoons of rice
0.25 tomato, diced
3 cups of vegetable stock
7 ounces of pangasius fillet
½ cup milk
½ cup flour
2 egg yolks
How to Cook Fish Ball Soup
- Melt the butter in a heated skillet. Add the bell peppers, carrot, and celery. Cook for 1-2 minutes, to soften the veggies.
- Add the rice, season with salt, pepper, and add the vegetable stock. Let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place the fish in a tall glass container. Pour the milk and start blending the fish. Add 1/4 cup of flour, 1 egg yolk, and blend until you have a smooth mash. Pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Pinch off a piece of the fish mixture and gently roll it between your hands to form a small meatball, around 1-2 inch (2,5 cm – 4 cm) in diameter. Continue shaping them until all the meat is used.
- Lightly coat the fish balls with flour. Add the balls into the soup and start simmering them.
- To thicken the soup, first grab a small bowl. Pour a ladle of soup in it, and mix it with yogurt, and the remaining flour and egg yolk. Squeeze the juice out of half a lemon. Pour the liquid mixture into the soup.
- Stir, and simmer it for 4-5 more minutes! Serve it with parsley on top!