Fennel and Sweet Potato Puree
“Incredibly velvety, so smooth, sweet, yet savory, mmm so scrumptious!” This is what will cross your mind while eating this fennel and sweet potato puree. The boundary between puree and creamy soup is blurry. In this case, it depends on how much stock you’re adding when you start the blender.
Ingredients Needed for Fennel and Sweet Potato Puree
1 sweet potato, diced
1 carrot thickly sliced
1 onion, quartered
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 fennel, sliced
3 tablespoons butter
How to Make Fennel and Sweet Potato Puree
- Fill a pot halfway with water and heat it.
- Add the sweet potato, carrot, onion, and garlic cloves. Season with lemon peel, basil leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Add the olive oil, cover with the lid and boil for 20 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan over low heat and add the fennel.
- Season with fresh dill, then cook and stir for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked fennel, sweet potato, carrot, and onion to a blender.
- Pour 1/2 cup of vegetable stock over them, season with dill, salt, and pepper. Puree everything.