Calories: 551 kCal / serving
- 48 g
- 16 g
- 54 g
Ingredients Needed for Enchilada Soup
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 onions, chopped
2 teaspoons of cumin powder
1 green chili, thinly sliced
1 cup chicken stock
7 ounces of cooked chicken breast, shredded
1 cup canned tomatoes
¼ cup sour cream
½ cup canned red beans
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons of water
How to Make Enchilada Soup
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and give it a good stir.
- Add the cumin powder, chili, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the chicken stock, cover with a lid, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken breast, canned tomatoes, and red enchilada sauce. Give it a good stir.
- Season with salt, pepper, and add the enchilada sauce.
- Add the red beans and a mixture of cornstarch and water. Simmer for 15 minutes while stirring from time to time.
- Serve the soup with some tortilla chips and fresh parsley on top!