Calories: 514 kCal / serving
- 19 g
- 28 g
- 47 g
Ingredients Needed for Empanadas With Salami and Mozzarella
14 ounces flour
6 ounces cold butter
⅓ cup milk
½ cup tomato paste
2 red onions, sliced
3 ounces salami, thinly sliced
5 ounces ham, diced
2 spring onions, chopped
5 ounces low moisture mozzarella, grated
2 egg yolks, whisked
How to Make Empanadas With Salami and Mozzarella
- Add the flour, cold butter, egg, a dash of salt, and the milk to a dough mixer. Mix until you have a dough.
- Transfer the dough to the work surface and knead it.
- Wrap it in plastic and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Divide the dough into smaller pieces suitable for empanadas and flatten them using the rolling pin.
- Cut out round disc shapes for the empanadas. You can use an upside-down small bowl for this.
- Spread each one with tomato paste, then add onion, salami, ham, spring onion, and grated mozzarella.
- Fold them and seal the edges by pressing the dough with your fingers.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and transfer the empanadas to it.
- Coat them with whisked egg yolks and bake for 20 minutes at 400ºF/200ºC.