Egyptian Khalta Rice With Beef
Let’s try something exotic today, like some Egyptian cuisine. Famous for its mix of spices and flavorful meals, there really are some delicious recipes you can find here. Here we’ve served rice with beef. But there’s something special about the rice. We’ve cooked it with hazelnuts, raisins, and rosemary. It may not be the most usual mix of ingredients, but we dearly invite you to try and see if you like it.
Ingredients Needed for Egyptian Khalta Rice With Beef
1 ½ cups of rice
3 cups of water
1 pound beef tenderloin, thinly sliced
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 cup hot water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 rosemary sprig
½ cup hazelnuts
¼ cup red raisins
¼ cup golden raisins
How to Make Egyptian Khalta Rice With Beef
- Add the rice in a large bowl and cover it with hot water. Season with salt and let it soak for 10 minutes.
- Add the beef tenderloin and chopped onion in a large bowl. Season with salt, pepper, chili flakes, and mix. Add vinegar and cover the bowl with plastic foil.
- Let the beef marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the brown sugar, and stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar melts.
- Pour the how water, season with salt, and add cinnamon. Bring to a boil.
- Pass the soaked rice through a strainer under cold water.
- Next, add the rice on the stove over the wet mixture. Season with pepper and give it a good stir.
- Add a lid on top and cook for 10 minutes.
- Next, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the rosemary sprig and the marinated beef.
- Cook the beef until well browned.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the hazelnuts and toast them for 1 minute. Add the colored raisins, stir for about 1 minute and remove from the heat.
- Mix the rice with the hazelnuts and raisins. Serve it with the beef.