Ingredients Needed for Eggs Benedict With Hollandaise Sauce
2 bacon slices
1 burger bun, horizontally sliced
2 tablespoons of butter, melted
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
For the Hollandaise sauce:
2 egg yolks
4 tablespoons of butter, melted
For the salad:
1 ounce baby spinach
How to Cook Eggs Benedict With Hollandaise Sauce
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add the bacon slices and cook them until golden and crispy.
- Keep the skillet on the stove and lay the bun slices. Evenly spread the melted butter over them. Toast them for 2 minutes per side.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, and fill it halfway with water. Add a pinch of salt and vegetable oil. Bring the water to a boil. Crack the eggs into 2 small bowls and slowly add them to the water.
- Stir the water using a ladle, creating a whirlpool effect. Cook the eggs for 5 minutes. Take them out from the water using a slotted spatula.
- For the Hollandaise sauce:
Keep the heat on and place a heatproof bowl over the skillet. Add the egg yolks. Reduce the heat and start whisking the egg yolks while slowly pouring the remaining melted butter. Squeeze the juice out of the lime. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the spinach on a plate, then add the sliced bun and the bacon. Top with poached egg and hollandaise sauce.