Ingredients Needed for Eggplant, Zucchini, and Tomato Casserole
¼ cup olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
2 carrots, thinly sliced
½ yellow bell pepper, diced
½ teaspoon dried oregano
3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 long eggplant
1 large zucchini
How to Cook Eggplant, Zucchini, and Tomato Casserole
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion, carrots, and bell pepper.
- Season with dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour the tomato sauce and cook until the veggies soften.
- Pour the veggies into a blender and blend them until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 380°F/190°C.
- Next, grab a small bowl and mix the remaining olive oil, garlic, and parsley.
- Add the veggie blend on the bottom of a round oven tray, approximately 12 inches (30 cm) in diameter.
- Slice the eggplant, zucchini, and tomatoes into thin, round, slices. Layer the eggplant, zucchini, and tomato slices on top of the blended veggies. Top them with the olive oil and parsley mix.
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake for 90 minutes!