Ingredients Needed for Eggplant With Rice Vinegar Sauce
4 cups of water
¼ cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
1 green chili, chopped
1 tablespoon ginger, shredded
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
1 teaspoon balsamic glaze
1 spring onion, chopped
How to Cook Eggplant With Rice Vinegar Sauce
- Cut the eggplant’s ends, then slice it lengthwise into 1-inch thick slices. Cut the slices into strips and halve them.
- Pour the water into a bowl, salt it, add the eggplant sticks, and let them soak for 15 minutes. Place them between two paper towels and press them to pat dry.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a wok over low heat, and add the crushed garlic. Stir and cook for 30 seconds. Add the eggplant sticks and stir-fry them until they start browning. Set them aside to a bowl.
- For the sauce:
Add the rice vinegar to the same wok and heat it. Add the green chili, ginger, balsamic vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce while stirring. Season with salt, then mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water and add it, too.
- Keep adding the balsamic glaze, cooked eggplant sticks, and spring onion. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve into a bowl garnished with chopped spring onion.