2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
¼ cup parmesan, grated
12 basil leaves
½ cup mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Slice the eggplant. You will use the biggest slices.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and fry the eggplant slices.
- Fry the eggplant slices for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Line a smaller baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place on it 1 eggplant slice. Top it with 1 tomato slice, 1 tablespoon of parmesan, 3 basil leaves, 1 tablespoon of mozzarella, 1 tomato slice, 3 more basil leaves, 1 more tablespoon of parmesan, another eggplant slice, 1 more tablespoon of mozzarella, another tomato slice, 3 more basil leaves, one more eggplant slice, 1 more tablespoon of mozzarella.
- Continue with the last tomato slice, 3 basil leaves, eggplant slice, and the remaining tablespoon of mozzarella.
- Bake the eggplant tower for 10 minutes.