Calories: 472 kCal / serving
- 9 g
- 29 g
- 53 g
Ingredients Needed for Eggplant and Mushroom Penne
1 small eggplant, sliced
4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 small red onion, chopped
1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
6 large mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 rosemary sprig
1 tablespoon caper
2 garlic cloves, crushed
¼ cup white wine
1 cup canned tomatoes, chopped
5 ounces of penne
How to Make Eggplant and Mushroom Penne
- Cooking the eggplant:
Place the eggplant slices on a baking tray on parchment paper, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.
- For the stew:
Heat the rest of the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Start cooking the onion. Stir. As it starts to become tender, add the yellow bell pepper and mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- While cooking and stirring add the dried oregano, chili flakes, rosemary leaves, capers, and garlic.
- Add the white wine, canned tomatoes, and cooked eggplant. Cook and stir for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta. Place a saucepan over medium heat, add water in it and bring it to a boil. Add a pinch of salt. Add the penne and cook them according to the instructions on the package.
- Add the cooked pasta on two plates and top them with the eggplant and mushroom sauce.