Ingredients Needed for Eggplant and Minced Meat Casserole
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
3 ounces of shimeji mushroom, minced
10 ounces of minced meat (like pork)
4 tablespoons of tomato sauce
1 teaspoon seven spice powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 large eggplant, sliced
fresh mint leaves
fresh parsley for garnish
How to Cook Eggplant and Minced Meat Casserole
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir the onion until it starts getting tender. Add the shimeji mushrooms. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the minced meat, shimeji and onion mixture, 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce, seven spice powder, coriander powder, and fresh parsley. Mix them together and season with salt and pepper in the process.
- Add the minced meat mixture to a baking dish and distribute it evenly. Place the mint leaves on it and then the eggplant slices. Drizzle on top the remaining tomato sauce.
Bake for 35 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Serve garnished with fresh parsley.