Ingredients Needed for Eggplant and Beef Moussaka
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
10 ounces of ground beef
⅓ cup tomato sauce
3.5 ounces of butter
¼ cup flour
½ cup milk
¼ cup parmesan, grated
How to Cook Eggplant and Beef Moussaka
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Slice the eggplants.
- Put a parchment paper sheet on a baking tray, add the eggplant slices and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle some salt on top and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the onion.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet and cook the onion.
- Add the ground and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato sauce.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter on low heat.
- Add the flour and mix it with the melted butter until thick.
- Add the milk and whisk until you make a white sauce. Season it with salt.
- Divide in two all your ingredients: the eggplant slices, the ground beef mixture, and the white sauce.
- Put a layer of eggplant on a baking tray. Add a layer of cooked ground beef and a layer of white sauce.
- Continue with another layer of eggplant, meat, and white sauce.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top and bake for 35 minutes to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.